Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dear Diary


Dear Diary,

It’s September 22nd and I’ve recently learned that it’s Dear Diary Day. I figure a good way to pay tribute to this occasion is to write a new blog entry for The Happy Sole. I mean, isn’t a blog a diary anyway?

As I started to do some limited online research on this topic I found that indeed, blogs are very similar to diaries and journals. So what are the differences? Well I’m not an expert, but to me a diary is a private place to write your secret hopes, desires and experiences guarded under lock and key. A journal on the other hand is a more public place to record events and daily happenings, and a blog is typically an online venue to share thoughts on specific topics.

Sockprints’ blog, The Happy Sole, was created to share our thoughts on socks and life. Looking back at our early blog entries is like going back and reading my diary. It’s fun to go back and look at what we’ve done so far and then think about where we plan to go.

Until next time diary…

-Hayley

No comments: