Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year's Resolution Socks

A few New Year’s Eves ago, I made a resolution to never make resolutions again. It’s the only New Year’s resolution that has ever stuck with me. Resolutions seem daunting and overwhelming so instead, I write a list of goals each year that I hope to accomplish. Resolutions and goals are probably the exact same thing, but goals sound better to me so I write down the typical goals like everyone else (exercise more, healthy eating) and then I add a couple others (read more books, get monthly massages). Looking for inspiration for some new goals for 2011, I Google searched New Year’s Resolutions and found the most common resolutions are:
  • Spend more time with family & friends
  • Exercise – get fit
  • Lose weight
  • Quit smoking
  • Enjoy life
  • Drink less alcohol
  • Get out of debt – manage finances
  • Learn something new
  • Help others (volunteer)
  • Get organized
  • Get a better job
  • Get an education
  • Travel

If you need some help sticking to your New Year’s resolutions, we’ve come up with a fun solution for you. Try listing your goals on a pair of socks! Whether your list is short or long, we have the sock style to fit your needs. You don’t have to carry around your list of resolutions on a piece of paper or type it in your smart phone, because you can wear your list! Gently pull up your pant leg for a reminder of what you want to accomplish. This may sound like a silly idea, but hey – we make custom socks so you can create whatever you want on them!


Best wishes for a prosperous New Year!

1 comment:

Susan Eisert said...

I am trying to eat more veggies everyday and do some form of exercise 6 days a week instead of 3-4 days like I am now. Wish me luck!