Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Homecoming


Last Saturday marked my alma mater’s Homecoming and going to the football game with some of my sorority sisters from 25 years ago (yikes!) has become an annual tradition that I treasure. To make the journey home I woke up at the crack of dawn to catch an early flight for the big day. It was dangerous to take such an early flight because I knew there was potential for a very late night and all that comes with it. While I may think I can still party like a rock-star, reality usually sets in around 4 p.m. and my body reminds me that I’m not actually in college anymore! This could’ve been a problem because the game didn’t start until 6 p.m. I’m thrilled to say that just like in college, I rallied and wish the night had never ended. This soccer mom with a weekend hall pass had a great time catching up with old friends, meeting new ones and spending time with some very special people in my life.

While tailgating and reconnecting with people the question, “So what are you doing now?” always seemed to pop up. Engaged in conversation, I can’t wait for that question because I’m so excited to share what I’m doing with sockprints. As I describe how we print custom images on socks, I love watching the looks on people’s faces. They’re great! I can see the wheels starting to spin in their heads as they envision what we do. Then, the light bulb goes off and I can see in their eyes that they have already created their first pair of custom socks in their minds. Everyone has an organization, business, team, cause, or message they are passionate about. Putting that passion on a pair of socks is a new option and one that anyone can do using our online design tool or by uploading their own images! It’s an exciting new invention and one that I love to talk about.

As I’m getting ready to head back to life in Redondo Beach I have to say that I can’t wait until next year when we get to do the whole thing all over again. When I get home I’m going to print some “thank you” socks for our tailgating hostess. She threw quite a party! We sang old sorority songs, laughed a lot, teased each other and more. We may only see each other once a year, but you’d never know it when we’re together. At the party I was thrilled to share with my sorority sisters that we’re now officially “Greek” licensed. Sockprints can now print custom socks for sorority women across the country! We’ll be launching a sorority portal through our website in the near future. Look out ladies, I think some sorority, Homecoming football party favors are a must for next year!

No comments: